Tuesday, December 13, 2005

12 Daisy Things for Christmas

Daisies, here is an update on this month's activities and a notice of our next troop committee meeting and troop meeting. 12 things.
 
Dee
 
1. Reminder: Christmas Caroling and gift exchange at the Gwinnett Extended Care this Thursday, December 15th from 6:30-8:00 pm. Please bring a wrapped gift (under $10.00) so that the girls can exchange toys after caroling. Meet us in the Gwinnett Extended Care parking lot at 6:10 pm. If you have any questions, leave a comment here or call me. I am not checking my emails as often as usual, because I am at Walnut Grove all week with PTA stuff. It would be cool, if you wore your uniforms on Thursday. You will earn your Spring Green petal for participating in this event. Considerat and Caring
 
2. I registered six girls for the Daisy Day event on January 7. The registration deadline was last Thursday. It is highly unlikely I can register any more girls. The cost is $5.00, let me know ASAP if you want your daisy to attend.
 
3. I only registered two couples for Father-Daughter Dance this past Thursday. Lisa, I have Ayden and her dates' tickets.
 
4. January Community Service Project
Troop 1167 will be collecting new women and children's socks, scarbes, hats and gloves for our January CSP. These items will be donated to the Partnership Against Domestic Violence. If your daisy plans to participate, please give me the donated items by January 10, 2005.
 
5. Correction-- Our first troop meeting for 2006 is January 14 not January 13.
 
6. If everyone doesn't have their uniform or petals, please get in touch with me or Grace before the next troop meeting. (If anyone has an extra blue center patch, let me know. I cannot find Selah's and I'm not sure if I received it at investiture.)
 
7. Investiture Round #2.
Two daisies(Haley & Abbey( have not been pinned or recited the Girl Scout promise. I would like to do an investiture for you girls at the first January meeting, so please be ready to recite the promise to the troop. Parents, give the pins and petals to Grace.
 
8. Family Partnership.
I will be calling daisy parents who have not donated to the Family Community Partnership Campaign. The last day to donate is January 11, 2006. We would like 100% participation from our troop, and will accept any donation.  Family Community Partnership not only funds leader training, but camp facilities maintenance and most of our program expenses. You can log onto our donation page to see, if  you or your spouse's employer participates in gift matching.
 
9. Ingathering.
March 24-26, Fort Yarho State Park, Winder, GA. Daisies can't spend the night at the camp, but we can surely participate in Saturday activities in lieu of our March 24 the meeting. The cost for ingathering is $15.00 per Daisy for Saturday. It includes lunch, activities and a patch. I will post this event on the Blog. I need fees for the event at the January 13th meeting.
 
10. Thinking Day
We will discuss this on Thursday. I will post an entry about it as well. If we would like to participate or go see, we earn a badge. Their is a fee to come and/or build a booth.
 
11. Badge & Dash Schedule
 
12. Christmas Treats
I have Christmas treats for all the girls. If you cannot attend christmas caroling, then please contact me so that I can get the gift to you before Selah and I leave out of town next week.
 
Dee
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
LAdiPowered By Qumana

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home